As winter has come to Minnesota, there will be more cooking at home. This means, for you my readers, more recipes. Let me start with the Tilapia recipe I made last week.
I love this recipe. It is so easy and quick and healthy. It is my go-to fish recipe whenever I can get fresh tilapia.
Tomato and Onion Tilapia (serves 2)
2 pieces of tilapia
1 tomato, sliced
1/4 onion, sliced
1. coat bottom of a grill pan with 2 tsp olive oil, then line the pan with tomatoes and onions
2. sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the tomatoes and onion
3. place tilapia pieces on top of the tomatoes and onion, cook on medium heat for 4 - 5 mins
4. flip tilapia pieces, bringing some of the tomatoes and onion to the top of the fish. Cook for 4 more mins. If fish is not flaky, flip and cook for 2 mins on each side until fish is flaky and white.
How easy is that?! The fish is good with a side of polenta or potatoes.
Tonight, I made salmon burgers for dinner. I learned how to make these this summer and I keep tweaking the recipe every time. I have yet to make a bad salmon burger. This is a fairly cheap dish to make because canned salmon is just fine. 1 can of salmon is plenty for 2 burgers. Here is the recipe I made tonight:
Salmon Burgers - 12/5/2011 version
1 can salmon
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp dried cilantro
1/2 tsp cumin
pinch of salt
1. Drain salmon of all liquid and put in small bowl.
2. Add bread crumbs, red onion, cilantro, cumin, egg and salt to salmon and mix together.
3. Form salmon into patties and put in pan coated with cooking spray. Cook for 4 mins on each side.
4. Put salmon on a hamburger bun with some lettuce and tomato and Enjoy!
There you go. 2 easy fish meals. Both meals take less than 15 mins to prepare and cook. I know you guys are always looking for quick easy recipes to make, so there you go. I served the salmon with roasted potatoes and salad.
I know there are people out there who read this blog and are interested in one serving dinners. So, I'll try to make a few dinners this winter that are one serving dinners and post that. If you have any requests for things you want me to make, please feel free to comment as such. I am always willing to figure out a dinner for you.
Here's to good eating!