Thursday, October 13, 2011

Food and Friends

On Thursday night, while I wasn't at home for dinner, I still ended up making something. Sushi. I went to this event for 20/30-somethings for an organization where I knew no one in their 20's or 30's. I figured this would be a good opportunity to meet people like me. Adventurous eaters who want to meet new people. This evening proved to be a success on so many levels.

The event was tagged as a sushi-making/sake tasting evening. The organization brought in 2 local sushi chefs and had several bottles of sake for us to taste. What the evening did not prepare me for were the great people I would meet.

We all gathered around the chefs and took our turns rolling sushi rolls. While it was not difficult (the chefs handed me the ingredients and told me what to do), it did make me stop and think. Here I am amongst people I had never met sharing something. Food. Which is kind of the point of this blog, as I said in my first post. Food is not just meant for nourishment. Food is something that brings people together and is a common bond between all people no matter what their background is. It is meant to be shared. I will share recipes as I create them, or as I prepare recipes that others have given to me, hoping that you will then share them with someone else.

That being said, Good Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment